Summary of Policy (when you book a class, you are ticking to say that you have read this first section):
- All classes are listed at a price which is £1.50 higher than the usual price.
- A discount of £1.50 will be given to everyone who books at least 48hrs before the start of the class.
- The effect of (1) & (2) above is that everyone who books before the 48 hr deadline will pay £1.50 less than those who book within 48 hrs of the start of the class.
- Normally, cash refunds will not be given but a request to move your booking to another class or to cancel can be addressed by a credit note to the nominal value of the class (currently £8.50) less a £1 admin fee. The credit note will be valid for 2 months from the date of issue.
- Cancellations or changes made within 48 hours of the start of the class are not eligible for a refund or credit note.
- If we decide to cancel a class, anyone who has booked will be given a credit note for the full amount that they paid, or a refund (your choice). Those who have paid by Moon Pass will have their credit re-instated. Please note that if you pay by PayPal and you choose a refund, we will not refund the extra fee which you paid when booking. This is because PayPal do not refund this to us.
- There is no refund for Sun Passes as this is subscription based. You may of course gift your place to a friend if you cannot attend. If we cancel a class than you will receive a refund for the weekly equivalent (currently £6.90).
You book for Westleton one week before the class. You pay £8.50. Three days before the class, you realise that you can't attend. You email us (using the contact form on the menu if you wish) and request to be moved to the following week. We will issue you with a voucher for £7.50 which you can use to book for the following week.
You book for Westleton a day before the class. You pay £10. (£8.50 plus £1.50 fee for late booking).
Further details and explanations follow (optional):
Although we have a healthy number of dancers at each venue, not everyone comes to every class. Occasionally we find that insufficient numbers have booked to make the class viable and rarely, we make the difficult decision to cancel a class. This is a last resort as we really don't want to do this. Our dilemma is: when do we make this decision? If we decide to cancel a week before the class, this is too early because there is plenty of time for more dancers to book. If we leave it until a few hours before the class and nobody books, we have to disappoint those who have booked at very short notice and we will also have to pay venue costs, again due to short notice. So we have decided to make this decision 48 hours before the start of every class.
By encouraging everyone to book at least 48 hrs in advance, we can base our decision on whether to run the class or cancel on the number of dancers booked at that point. We feel it is reasonable to ask you to book at least 48 hours in advance to give us time to cancel if necessary and avoid unnecessary venue costs.
Cancellations made at least 48 hours in advance are fine, and will incur a £1 admin fee. If you let us know at least 48 hours in advance, you will receive a credit code for £7.50 which you can spend anytime within 2 months on any class. If you cancel within the 48 hours, unfortunately we will not be able to refund your booking nor issue a credit note.
We try to encourage everyone to book online for all the above reasons. However, if you still want to turn up at the class without booking, this is ok providing you accept that if the class is full you will be turned away as we will not exceed our capacity for safety reasons, and if the class is cancelled you will have had a wasted journey. The cost of paying on the day is £10.